Tuesday, October 30, 2007
What is up with Halloween Costumes?!?
It never ceases to amaze me how the older I get, the less I understand things. Take Halloween for example. When I was a child, I used to love getting all dressed up in the latest female super-hero costume, complete with crappy plastic face mask that was held together with a piece of string that broke 5 minuets into the walk around the neighborhood. I couldn't wait to be asked who I was, and explain why I had chosen to be Sheera, the Princess of Power this year, and of course, get candy. Now that I'm an adult, I hate getting dressed up for Halloween! It just seems ridiculous to spend $60.00 on a costume that has less material to it than the costumes I wore when I was 5, just so I can look like a tramp for one night out of the year without anyone thinking I'm one. I have tried not to dress up over the past few years, but whenever I don't I have to hear about it all night that I have no imagination and don't want to get into the spirit of the holiday. Okay people, this is a night for children. When was the last time you walked around your neighborhood dress like a Victoria's Secret Angel model for some candy? Or would you walk into Walmart dressed like a giant penis and feel totally comfortable buying eggs in an outfit like that, standing next to a coworker. If you can honestly say that you would feel totally okay doing that, then you are right, I have no imagination and I have no spirit of the holiday. If however, you would pause to run into Walmart in your naughty sailor's outfit, then I would recommend not wearing it to your local pub, lest the men inside think that you are willing to spit-polish their torpedos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment